3D HUBS – GENERAL TERMS OF SALE
Version 1.2 – February 2019
These general terms of sale (the "General Terms of Sale") apply to any purchase of goods
and services ("Parts") by a customer (“You”) from 3D Hubs Manufacturing
LLC, having its place of business at 228 East 45th Street Suite 9E, 10017 New York, NY, United States of
America. ("3D Hubs").
- By placing an Order with 3D Hubs for Parts (an “Order”), You accept and are bound to these
General Terms of Sale. If You do not accept these General Terms of Sale, do not place an Order.
- In the event of a conflict between provisions contained in the Order and these General Terms of Sale, the
General Terms of Sale will prevail. No addition, alteration or substitution of these General Terms of Sale will
bind 3D Hubs, even if included within an Order, unless explicitly accepted in writing by 3D Hubs, and no
preprinted terms within an Order, will bind 3D Hubs. All of such nonbinding terms are hereby rejected by both
- When these Terms of Sale are used in a situation in which You are a consumer and not a professional customer,
some terms and conditions will not apply to You. In this case these General Terms of Sale are applicable to the
extent permitted by applicable consumer law; Your rights under these laws are not affected or limited by these
General Terms of Sale. Because Your Orders are made to order, no right (statutory or otherwise) of withdrawal
or cancellation applies.
- You are responsible to ensure that all information provided in a quotation request or Order is accurate and
complete and the specifications for Your Order are in accordance with any instructions of 3D Hubs and take into
account all manufacturing and other limitations as specified by 3D Hubs on its website (https://www.3dhubs.com/manufacturing-standards/)
or as otherwise made available to You.
- Any Orders submitted by You are requests and do not bind 3D Hubs in any way. 3D Hubs is under no obligation
to accept an Order and can reject any Order at its sole discretion before it has accepted the Order.
- Any Order accepted by 3D Hubs constitutes a binding commitment by You to purchase the Parts described
therein, and Orders are deemed accepted by 3D Hubs only if confirmed by 3D Hubs in writing, or by 3D Hubs’
fulfillment of the Order 3D Hubs’ failure to object to provisions contained in any Order shall not be construed
as a waiver of these General Terms of Sale nor an acceptance of any such provisions. 3D Hubs may perform a
credit check on You and require a prepayment by credit card or other assurance of payment prior to acceptance.
Any Order is binding upon 3D Hubs on the condition precedent that there are sufficient resources available to
3D Hubs to complete Your Order within the stated timelines and that Your Order was not accepted on the basis of
incorrect information, including but not limited to information regarding pricing and specifications. If this
condition precedent is not met, 3D Hubs is entitled to reject or cancel Your Order, in which case 3D Hubs shall
refund any payment already received.
- 3D Hubs is permitted to apply limited deviations with regard to color, quantity, size, or (shore) hardness of
Parts, unless 3D Hubs specifically agrees to the contrary in writing.
- Any changes to an Order after it has been made is subject to 3D Hub’s acceptance and may be subject to
- Once in production, as the Parts are produced for You based on Your specifications (made to order), it is not
possible for You to cancel Your Order.
- You understand and agree that 3D Hubs may use its worldwide vetted network of subcontractors to fulfil Your
- Orders may be delivered directly from a subcontractor of 3D Hubs to You and not via or through 3D Hubs.
Therefore, it is of utmost importance that You inspect the Parts upon delivery and inform 3D Hubs in case of
any discrepancies in accordance with sections 8.5 and 8.6.
- All prices stated by 3D Hubs are exclusive of value added tax (VAT) or any other taxes, governmental fees,
assessments or duties, unless expressly stated otherwise herein. You are responsible for all taxes associated
with the Order (other than taxes based on 3D Hubs’ income). Without limiting the foregoing, You shall be pay
all applicable taxes that 3D Hubs charges You in addition to the prices quoted.
- In the event of changes to cost price factors, 3D Hubs reserves the right to charge such costs to You.
- If special packing or shipping instructions are agreed by 3D Hubs, You shall be liable for any additional
charges incurred by 3D Hubs as a consequence thereof, as indicated by 3D Hubs.
- Unless prepayment is required, you must pay all invoices within 30 days from date of invoice.
- 3D Hubs may invoice parts of an Order separately.
- For all Orders that include tooling, 3D Hubs may require You to pay the cost of tooling upfront.
- 3D Hubs may require an advance payment before it fulfils Your Order. 3D Hubs is not responsible for any delay
in carrying out Your Order caused by Your delay in making payments.
- The amounts due shall, unless otherwise agreed, be paid by credit card or bank transfer as indicated by 3D
Hubs. All costs related to the method of payment shall be Your responsibility.
- All amounts due under these General Terms of Sale to be paid by You to 3D Hubs shall be paid in full and
without any deduction and You shall not be entitled to any right of setoff. 3D Hubs shall be entitled to setoff
any amount due by 3D Hubs to You against amounts due by You to 3D Hubs.
- If any amount due is not made when it becomes due and payable, a late payment interest of two percent (2%)
per month, or the highest amount permitted by applicable law, whichever is less, shall be due and payable with
respect to such amount to be calculated from the time such amount became due until the time such amount is paid
- In addition, 3D Hubs may, in the event of any overdue payment, suspend any delivery of Parts to You or
prevent You from placing any future orders until all amounts due are paid.
- Specifications of Parts and Tooling
- You are responsible for providing 3D Hubs with correct and complete 3D CAD data and/or 2D technical drawings
to produce the Parts and tooling. All relevant files required for the production of Your Parts and tooling must
be uploaded by You to the quote page or, in the event of a specific or special Order, provided to 3D Hubs in
the agreed upon manner. 3D Hubs does not have an obligation to review any of the specifications, data or
drawings You provide.
- 3D Hubs uses the 3D CAD data and, 2D technical drawings as may be provided by You, to generate Parts and
tooling. If 2D technical drawings are provided, 2D technical drawings will take precedence during production if
these have been provided before we accepted Your order or unless otherwise agreed. 3D Hubs is not responsible
for discrepancies between 3D CAD data and technical drawings.
- If an Order includes threads or specific tolerances it is Your responsibility to provide a technical drawing
with the relevant specifications, to ensure to indicate this in the quotation request and to check if this is
reflected correctly in the Order.
- 3D Hubs will not be responsible for incorrectly designed Parts, Parts that do not assemble correctly, Parts
with thick cross-sections that produce sink marks, warp, or incorrectly provided CAD data or technical
- 3D Hubs rejects all responsibility for material selection and material suitability for Your application. 3D
Hubs is not responsible for the fit or assembly of Parts unless specifically agreed upon in writing.
- Tooling Ownership and Storage
- All custom tooling for Your Parts shall be Your property, however reusable proprietary components will remain
the property of 3D Hubs. All custom tooling will remain at 3D Hubs’ production facility.
- As long as 3D Hubs is making Parts for You at 3D Hubs’ production facilities, 3D Hubs will guarantee Your
tooling for the agreed upon tool life (as stated in the Order). Notwithstanding Section 7.1 or Section 7.3, 3D
Hubs will, in its sole discretion, repair or replace worn or damaged tooling at 3D Hubs’ expense for the agreed
upon tool life.
- After a two-year period of inactivity of the tooling, 3D Hubs may destroy the
tooling, in its sole discretion.
- Delivery, Inspection, Acceptance, Complaints and
Retention of Title
- Unless otherwise specified by 3D Hubs, all Parts will be delivered DDP (Delivery Duty Paid, as defined in the
- Shipments are sent by the commercial carrier selected by 3D Hubs. 3D Hubs will pre-pay
and add delivery costs to the invoice as a convenience and courtesy.
- 3D Hubs will use commercially reasonable efforts to ship an Order on the agreed upon dates, however shipping
or delivery dates are estimates only. 3D Hubs accepts no liability for delays in the delivery or shipment of
Orders and 3D Hubs’ failure to meet a shipping date or delivery period shall not constitute a breach of these
General Terms of Sale.
- 3D Hubs shall be entitled to suspend its delivery obligations under an Order or these General Terms of Sale
in the event there are, in 3D Hubs’ sole discretion, reasonable and objective grounds to doubt whether You are
able or willing to fully and timely fulfil Your payment obligations or whether You fully comply with the any
other terms and conditions of these General Terms of Sale.
- You must inspect the Parts immediately upon receipt and notify 3D Hubs within five (5)
working days of the date of delivery of the Parts, in writing, if You believe any part of an Order is missing,
defective, wrong or damaged. Unless You have so notified 3D Hubs, specifying the nature of what is missing,
wrong, or damaged within five (5) working days of delivery, the Parts will be deemed accepted, non-returnable
- If after receiving Your Order You alter the Parts in any way without the prior written consent thereto of 3D
Hubs, the Parts will be deemed accepted, non-returnable and non-refundable.
- If You want to return defective, wrong or damaged Parts, You must comply with Section 8.5
and You must return these to 3D Hubs within ten (10) working days from the time the Order was delivered, unless
otherwise agreed in writing by 3D Hubs. Any Parts that You return to 3D Hubs after the expiry of this period
will not be processed or refunded.
- 3D Hubs shall retain the ownership to the Parts until You have paid all amounts related to the delivered
Parts in full, including any interests, collection costs or other amounts due with respect to such Parts, at
which time title to the Parts will pass to you.
- Intellectual property rights
By placing an Order, You grant 3D Hubs a non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully paid up,
worldwide, transferable and sub-licensable license to use, copy, modify, distribute and
display the data (including 3D CAD Data), documentation, drawings and specifications You
provide for manufacturing the Parts (1) as necessary to produce, ship and sell the Parts to
You and (2) to improve our products and services.
- Your representations
- You represent and warrant that (i) You have the full right and authority to provide us with all data
(including 3D CAD data), documentation, drawings and specifications, and (ii) You are authorized to grant the
license referred to in Section 9, and (iii) the Order, and the production, shipping, sale and use of the Parts
or tooling by us, does not (a) violate, misappropriate or infringe any intellectual party rights (including but
not limited to any copyright, patent, design right, trademark, trade secret or any other proprietary rights) of
any third party rights or (b) violate any applicable laws.
- You represent and warrant that You are authorized to place the Order and that You are able to conclude
legally binding agreements. Orders on 3D Hubs can only be placed by individuals who are 18 years or older who
can form legally binding contracts under applicable law.
- Without limiting Your representations and warranties in Section 10.2, You further represent and warrant that
(i) Your Order does not contain any parts of firearms or other weapons, and that Your Order, and (ii) the
production, shipping, sale and use of the Parts or tooling by us in response to Your Order, does not violate
any export control laws or regulations, and (iii) Your Order does not contain any critical (functional) parts
for aerospace, watercraft, offshore, automotive and or medical applications.
- You also represent and warrant that You will use Parts in strict accordance with all
applicable state, federal and local laws and requirements. You represent and
warrant that you will not, directly or indirectly, (1) sell, export, reexport, transfer,
divert, or otherwise dispose of any products, software, or technology (including
products derived from or based on such technology) received from 3D Hubs to any
destination, entity, or person prohibited by the laws or regulations of the United
States, or (2) use Parts for any use prohibited by the laws or regulations of the
United States and/or your local jurisdiction, without obtaining prior authorization from
the competent government authorities as required by those laws and regulations.
- 3D Hubs maintains operations outside of the United States, employs non-U.S.
persons, and has non-U.S. printing and manufacturing partners. Therefore, 3D Hubs
relies entirely on its customers to provide accurate information for purposes of
compliance with applicable export control laws. It is the customer’s responsibility to
determine and provide the appropriate export classification for the products and
related technology and software to be provided to 3D Hubs. The export classification
indicates whether the product and related technologies are controlled, the relevant
jurisdiction or jurisdictions, when an export license is required, and whether the
product and technology qualify for a license exception. An incorrect classification
could result in export control violations, which could in turn lead to significant fines
and other sanctions. Importantly, 3D Hubs cannot accept any technical data or
drawings that are controlled by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations
(“ITAR”) or are subject to the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”) and
are controlled for any reasons other than Anti-Terrorism.
- Force Majeure
- 3D Hubs shall not be responsible for any delay or failure in delivery or performance of any of its duties
under these General Terms of Sale due to events beyond its reasonable control or acts or omissions or any other
occurrence commonly known as force majeure, including but not limited to war, riots, acts of terrorism, acts of
God, nature disasters, embargoes, strikes, or other concerted acts of workers, casualties or accidents, failure
by any 3D Hubs’ supplier to meet their obligations or any other causes or circumstances that prevent or hinder
the manufacture or delivery of the Parts.
- 3D Hubs may suspend performance under an Order for so long as such performance is delayed by such occurrence
or cancel the Order at its sole discretion, in which case 3D Hubs is not liable for any resulting damages.
- Nothing in this Section 11 will excuse You from Your payment obligations for amounts due and payable under an
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
THE PARTS AND TOOLING ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER STATUTORY OR CONTRACTUAL,
EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A
PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ALL OF SUCH WARRANTIES ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED
BY APPLICABLE LAW.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, 3D HUBS DOES NOT ACCEPT LIABILITY FOR PARTS NOT BEING
AVAILABLE FOR USE, OR FOR LOST REVENUE OR PROFITS OR LOSS OF BUSINESS OR OTHER ECONOMIC LOSS.
- TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, 3D HUBS WILL NOT BE LIABLE UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY OR
FORM OF ACTION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY IN TORT OR WARRANTY OF ANY
KIND) FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO
PARTS, TOOLING, ORDERS, DELIVERY, OR OTHERWISE RELATING THESE GENERAL TERMS OF SALE,, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE
POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY THIRD PARTY.
- TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL 3D HUBS’ TOTAL LIABILITY FOR ANY AND
ALL CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO PARTS, ORDERS, TOOLING, OR OTHERWISE RELATING TO THESE GENERAL TERMS,
EXCEED THE AMOUNTS PAID BY YOU TO 3D HUBS UNDER THE ORDER UNDER WHICH THE LIABILITY AROSE.
- NOTHING IN THESE GENERAL TERMS OF SALE IS INTENDED TO LIMIT OR EXCLUDE 3D HUBS’ LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES CAUSED
BY THE WILLFUL MISCONDUCT OR GROSS NEGLIGENCE OF 3D HUBS. Because some jurisdictions limit or do not allow
certain exclusions or limitations of warranties or liability, Sections 12 and/or 13 may not partially or
entirely apply to You. To the extent that any such limitation or exclusion of liability or warranty is
circumscribed, it shall be limited to the least extent possible under applicable law. These limitations shall
apply notwithstanding any failure of essential purpose of any limited remedy provided herein.
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless 3D Hubs and its affiliates and their respective employees, agents,
representatives and (sub)contractors from and against any and all loss, liability, penalty, third party claims,
damages, costs and other expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and court costs and litigation expenses)
arising out of or relating to:
- a breach of the Order or these General Terms of Sale by You;
- any acts or omissions by You relating to our performance under an Order or these General Terms of Sale;
- any and all use, distribution and/or sale of Parts; and
- and any claim of third parties (including government authorities) arising out of an Order or these General Terms
of Sale or the production, shipping or sale of the Parts and/or your 3D CAD data and/or 2D technical drawings,
including but not limited to a claim that the use of such data and technical drawings and/or the production,
shipping or sale of Parts violates any applicable law or the intellectual property or other rights of a third
- You will, if instructed by us, defend us from any third party claim covered by the foregoing indemnity (“Third Party
Claim”), at your expense, using counsel reasonably acceptable to us. You will not consent to any settlement or
judgment of any Third Party Claim without our prior written consent. We may participate in the defense of any Third
Party Claim with our own counsel at our own expense.
- 3D Hubs shall not disclose, and shall procure that its employees and (sub)contractors shall not disclose, any
data (including 3D CAD data), documentation, drawings and specifications provided by You, other than as
reasonably necessary to carry out Your Order. This restriction will not apply in the event of a legal
obligation or duty to disclose the information, or when the information is or becomes (publicly) known or is
independently developed by 3D Hubs, its employees or its contractors without the use of such information, or if
the information is disclosed to 3D Hubs by a third party.
- You are not allowed to use 3D Hubs trademarks, trade names or any other indications in relation to the Parts,
or to publicly make any reference to 3D Hubs, whether in press releases, advertisements, sales literature or
otherwise, except with 3D Hubs prior written consent.
- Without prejudice to any other rights 3D Hubs may have under these General Terms of Sale
or the applicable laws, 3D Hubs has the right to immediately terminate Your Order in whole or in part upon
written notice if:
- You are declared bankrupt, are granted a (temporary) moratorium on payment of Your debts, if You have filed a
petition for bankruptcy or if a receiver is appointed for You,
- if You go into liquidation or there is a threat of suspension of payments,
- if You cease, or threaten to cease, to carry on Your business, or
- if You breach these General Terms of Sale.
- Upon termination pursuant to Section 16.1, 3D Hubs shall not have an obligation to deliver the Parts. Any
amounts that You paid 3D Hubs are nonrefundable, and any amounts that You still owe 3D Hubs under the Order
become immediately due and payable in full.
- Except as otherwise expressly provided in these General Terms of Sale You are not entitled to terminate an
- The provisions of these General Terms of Sale shall be severable, and in the event that any provision of the
Agreement is found to be legally unenforceable, such unenforceability shall not prevent the enforcement of any
other provision of these General Terms of Sale.
- These General Terms of Sale shall be construed as if both parties drafted it jointly, and shall not be
construed against either party as principal drafter.
- The failure of a party to exercise or enforce any right under these General Terms of Sale shall not be deemed
to be a waiver of that right, nor operate to bar the exercise or enforcement of that right at any time
- These General Terms of Sale are binding upon the parties’ successors, heirs and assigns.
- Notices. All notices sent under this Agreement shall be in writing and delivered by prepaid commercial
courier. Notices to 3D Hubs shall be sent to 3D Hubs Manufacturing LLC at 228 East 45th Street
Suite 9E, 10017 New York, NY, United States of America, and notices to You shall be sent to the contact person
provided by You in Your Order. Notices are deemed delivered upon receipt.
constitute the entire agreement between the parties relating to the subject matter herein and supersedes all
previous agreements, arrangements and undertakings between the parties with respect to that subject matter
(including but not limited to provisions in Your Order that are rejected).
- All provisions within these General Terms of Sale which by their nature are intended,
whether express or implied, to survive the termination or the expiration of an Order, including but not limited
to Your payment obligations and Sections 7, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17 and 18 shall survive.
- These General Terms or Sale may not be modified except by written agreement signed by
both parties, except that 3D Hubs reserves the right to change these General Terms of Sale at any time, in
which case the amended General Terms of Sale will apply to any Orders placed after the new General Terms of
Sale enter into effect.
- The parties’ relationship is solely that of independent contractors, and neither party, nor its employees,
agents or representatives shall be considered employees, agents, partners, franchisees, owners, joint venturers
or representatives of the other party.
- Governing Law and Exclusive Forum
- The laws of the State of Delaware will apply to any disputes arising out of or relating to these General
Terms of Sale, without regard to conflict of laws principles. The applicability of the UN Convention on the
International Sale of Goods is excluded.
- The parties agree that in the event that any suit or proceeding is brought in connection to an Order, these
General Terms of Sale or the relationship between 3D Hubs and You, on any basis whatsoever, such suit or
proceeding shall be brought in the state or federal courts located in New Castle County, Delaware, and the
parties shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts and waive any and all jurisdictional, venue
and inconvenient forum objections to such courts.
PLEASE PRINT THESE GENERAL TERMS OF SALE FOR YOUR FILES.