Launching the COVID-19 manufacturing fund
The 3D Hubs student innovation grant 2020 has officially launched
Written by France Preecha
From today, we’re now accepting applications for the 3D Hubs Student Innovation Grant. We’re always looking for ways to empower engineers and designers to create game-changing products that will make a positive impact in the world. That’s why we’ve decided to launch our 2020 edition of the grant competition with a twist.
This year, applicants won’t be limited to 3D printing. In addition to 3D printing, students can also experiment with CNC machining, injection molding and sheet metal fabrication to create products that will solve real-life problems in their respective fields.
This year’s categories
In 2020, we are accepting applications for the following 3 categories:
- Product design: Consumer products, consumer electronics, gadgets, fashion, etc.
- Robotics: Mechatronics, automation, biomimetics, electromechanical systems, 3D printing systems, etc.
- Transportation: Automotive, electric vehicles, alternative urban transport, aircrafts, space crafts, drones, etc.
The awardees will be selected by a panel of industry experts based on the following criteria:
- Presentation (40%)
- Level of innovation and potential impact of their project (30%)
- Justification of the use of the selected manufacturing technology (30%)
The winner of each category will receive $1000 in funding and have their project presented to global media outlets. Most importantly, winners will also be given the opportunity to turn their ideas into a real-life product, all with the help and technical support provided by experts at 3D Hubs.
Plus, the 5 finalists of each category will receive an official finalist certificate and a copy of The 3D Printing Handbook.
To apply and learn more about the specific rules, eligibility and selection criteria, you may refer to our official grant page for more information.
The deadline for applications is Sunday, June 28th 2020, 23:59 CET. We will be announcing the winners on July 16, 16:00 CET here on our blog and on all of our social media channels. Stay tuned!