My CTC 3D printers been great for the past 3 weeks since I got it however as of yesterday I can not longer print from it
During a print the printer will either completely lock up or it will reboot.
I can re produce this behavior by using the JOG mode in the printers menu.
If I JOG the Y axis up and down a few times it will start to do very minor stutters as it moves and then if I continue to JOG it for a few more seconds the printer will do one of the following.
- Lock up completely requiring a hard reboot
- Reboot on its own
- Display “Platform Failure!” (rare) and lock up
I have performed the following troubleshooting while awaiting a response from the seller and have found no change with my printers fault.
- Switched the X and Y steppe modules with the A and B extruders
- Switched the Y axis Steppe motor with Left Extruders
- Re routed some of the steppe control wires away from the motherboard a little
- Re loaded the firmware
I really don’t know what else I could try other than being sent a replacement Motherboard. The printer is only a few weeks old!
Any help would be much appreciated! I really need this printer back up and running!