Hello fellow Hubs,
Today we’ve released a big technical overhaul of the Hub Dashboard in order to help you manage your Hub better. While the update is mainly technical of nature still we are rolling out some significant improvements to the order navigation, order overview, account verification, and a split between the whole Hub and User account environment. Here’s a quick overview of the changes to help get you started.
You can now access your order overview directly from the homepage, which means less clicks and easier access from any page, while you can see at any time how many active orders you have. The order overview itself has been updated as well;
- Inquiries (messages) are now merged into the order overview
- There’s a status bar on order progress
- Your placed orders can be accessed on the right side through ‘outgoing’
This is just a first set of improvements for the Hub dashboard. Aside from the interface changes, the revamped architecture allows us to easily roll out more improvements in the coming months. We’ll also work on the loading speed of the order overview, so bear with us while we rebuild the back-end to match the super fast front-end. Check out the Order Navigation here!
IMPROVED SHIPPING STATUS
The shipping status has been improved and now shows whether an order is ‘ready to ship’, ‘shipped’, or if it’s ‘awaiting pick up’ or ‘picked up’. This way you no longer get confused about whether the order is already on its way or not.
With this update we’re also introducing Hub Verification. The goal is to generate trust within a larger customer group and improve the overall platform reliability. Verified Hubs get an extra boost to their Hub ranking and are therefore visible to more customers which increases orders. To get your Hub verified, there’s a simple 2-step verification process:
- Phone number verification; we’ll send you a text message with a confirmation code
- Address verification; we’ll send you a postcard with a unique verification code Get your Hub Verified
Get your Hub verified here!
Important Note: Hub Verification is still in beta and is currently only available to level 3 Hubs (intermediate) and up in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and the Netherlands.
Edit (August 3 - 2016): Verification is now available to all Hubs: https://www.3dhubs.com/talk/thread/hub-verification-now-available-all-hubs
All Hub specialties are being updated. We introduced pre-defined tags which allow us to make our system smarter and make your Hub easier to find for customers going forward. All popular specialties have been converted to standardised Talk tags automatically. You can find and update your Hub tags here. If there’s a tag you’re missing in the dropdown, feel free to request it through the form and we’ll make sure to add it. Set your Specialties here.
These updates are just the first of a series of Hub improvements we have planned for the next few months. Here’s a quick overview of what’s coming next:
- Shipping: A way for you to add shipping options to the platform which are visible to customers in the checkout.
- Order Overview: Further improvements like filtering by customers, printer, or revenue.
- Hub Availability: An availability calendar and opening hours to communicate your availability to Hubs.
- New Perks: Based on your feedback we’ll be adding new perks to the program.
- Hub Discounts: Create your own discounts for marketing activities to drive orders to your Hub.
That’s all for now, please let me know if you have any questions through the comments.