Hello fellow Hubs,
Today we’re announcing our embeddable Order Tool widget, the first feature of our new 3D Hubs Power Tools. Over the next few months, we’ll be releasing more Power Tools that will give Hubs even more power and control over their customer’s user experience.
The Order Tool, which can be embedded directly into a web page, is a customer upload tool that brings the power of 3D Hubs directly to any website. This powerful new feature allows Hubs to offer their prospective customers the ability to upload their design files and receive an instant quote without ever leaving your website.
How Do Customers Use the Order Widget?
Once the order widget is embedded on your website, your customers can directly upload a .stl or .obj file on the page. A simple checkout flow allows the customer to set their print preferences (e.g. color, material). When the order is submitted, a new order is created at your Hub. From there on it follows the standard order process.
Orders generated through the order widget will increase your Hub rating, increasing overall search ranking and customer inflow. Over time, your Hub will significantly benefit from more orders. That’s why we call it a Hub Power Tool
Why Use the Order Widget for Your Hub?
- Reduced 3D Hubs service fee: all orders through the Order Widget will have 7.5% fee instead of 12.5%.
- The Order Widget is an instant online quoting system on your own website based on your Hubs pricing, printers and material settings.
- Netfabb auto file repair. All 3D files will be checked on printability and automatically repaired by the Netfabb cloud solution if needed.
- Secure payment processing (All major payments methods such as IBAN for EU, Paypal, Mastercard, American Express, Visa, Bitcoin and many more country specific methods)
- 3D Hubs’ order management system. All orders will be added to you order flow on 3D Hubs, including individual order pages for direct communications with your customers
How Do You Set Up the Order Tool?
The tool is a widget that can be easily embedded simply by pasting a short string of generated code into your website.
Find your embed code for the order widget on your Hub dashboard on 3D Hubs. Go to the tab “Power Tools” and generate your code by setting the variables “color”, “size” and “text”.
Paste your embed code into your website where you want the button to appear. It’s really that easy!
For additional resources, click below on the logo of the provider you’re using for a quick tutorial on how to embed an iframe into your website.
If you’re using another provider and not sure how to install the code or need help with anything else regarding Power Tools, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us via email or phone. Additionally, always be sure to check out our FAQ section to see if you might find help there, too.
Ok then, hope you like it! As we plan to release much more Hub Power Tools in the near future, I would love to hear your comments on this one.
Ps. To see the Order Widget in action, have a look at a few of our beta-testers: