After some rookie mistakes, and a trip back to the Prusa repair shop for my printer, I finally am able to produce something worthwile on my printer. Or at least I could but not anymore. I’ll explain: I have successfully printed the 14cm moon surface nightlight from Thingiverse once and now am trying to repeat this feat but keep failing (4 times already)
It seems to fail when I only have to complete a centimeter of the globe, the printer makes short stops and the vibration seems to wiggle the print loose and starts creating the well known spaghetti.
Things I tried: Increasing the brim or skirt size every print I tried, up to 3cm by now, degreasing the bed, 1st with 70% medical grade alcohol, later with aceton. Updated the firmware with the latest for my make and model. Also: Prusa recommends a bed temperature of 60° C for PLA, which does nothing adhesion wise for me, I’ve increased to 100° C, no results. I’ve placed the printer on a sturdy table now to minimize the vibrations, still no luck. I’ve ran the Live Z adjust and dialed in to 0,780, which gave me clean results at first but now don’t work. And last, I’ve set up a Raspberry Pi running Octoprint, which allowed me to monitor heat of both head and bed, no drops in temperature and everything seemed consistent but still the print failed.
Any suggestion for increasing my success rate is welcome, because it sucks having the print fail 25 hours into the print process, let alone the filament waste of each failure.