The best Star Wars props are made by the most committed fans. From Yoda Bust to Stormtrooper helmets and lightsabers 3D printed Star Wars outshine most of those sold in stores. A tribute to both the maker community as well as the possibilities of 3D printing.
For this reason, we’d like to challenge you to come up with the best 3D printable Star Wars props the internet has yet laid eyes on. In order to make this your worth while we teamed up with both Ultimaker and Colorfabb to reward your creative efforts .
The goal is simple: Design and Print an innovative and new 3D Printable Star Wars gadget.
In order to participate and submit your design simply choose one the these options:
- Simply attach the .stl to a comment on this Talk post
- Upload the design to Youmagine and share the link in a comment
Also make sure upload a picture of the finished 3D print to showcase the result.
The best innovative design will be chosen by a jury composed by Ultimaker and 3D Hubs. By March 21st we will declare the winner of the competition.
So, what can I win?
- 1st Prize: Ultimaker 2+ (!!!), the printer which has just been presented at CES 2016
- 2nd Prize: 6 spools of Colorfabb nGen or €100 3D Hubs voucher
- 3rd Prize: 2 spools of Colorfabb nGen or €50 3D Hubs voucher
Major props to Ultimaker and Colorfabb for sponsoring these amazing prizes! On top of these prizes we’ll make sure to share all of your kick-ass designs on our major social media outlets! “Do or do not, there is no try.’’ — Yoda
- Goal : Design and print a new and innovative Star Wars prop or gadget.
- Final Submission Date : March 21, 2016
- Judging criteria: The most innovative design. Submission guidelines: Submit a STL of your design + photo of your print, including a brief description.