Anet A8 Printing problems

Hello.

I have anet a8 I had purchased and assembled at the start of the week and i had received some printing problems but most of them have been resolved. All round the printer is good except for a few errors

When i was printing the stl file linked in the thread, I got these small gaps in the print as you can see, I am curious as to what can cause this. 

There is also a inconsistency of it printing on the bottom. Also excess left on the gap in the middle of the piece which you can see in the photos

I printed this at 0.6 layer height with brim build plate adhesion and 20% infill. The filament is PLA and was printed at 200 degrees Celsius.

+1

The Anet 3D Printer are quickly becoming one of the most popular and affordable 3D Printers in the industry. These DIY kits were originally cloned from the Prusa i3 style of 3D Printer.

+1

As gikam says, a layer height of between 0.1mm - 0.2mm is normal for a 0.4mm nozzle.

Try again with 0.2mm (draft quality) and post your results.

Make sure your nozzle height offset from the bed is correct too otherwise you'll get a poor bottom layer.

The nozzle should be the thickness of paper away from the bed.

+1

Yes i have auto-level on my printer and always check it before i print something, I will print the opposite of that  the right spool holder which is a mirror opposite of it. I will print it using default settings in cura at .2 layer height.

+1

layer 0,3 - 0,4 mm maxim for a default 0,4 nozzle

Not the answer you’re looking for? Ask a new question to 490 ANET 3D experts active on Talk.

The 3D Printing Handbook is available now

If you’re a professional looking to master the key aspects of 3D printing, this book is for you.

The 3D printing handbook