Anet A8 Printing problems

Hello.

I have anet a8 I had purchased and assembled at the start of the week and i had received some printing problems but most of them have been resolved. All round the printer is good except for a few errors

When i was printing the stl file linked in the thread, I got these small gaps in the print as you can see, I am curious as to what can cause this. 

There is also a inconsistency of it printing on the bottom. Also excess left on the gap in the middle of the piece which you can see in the photos

I printed this at 0.6 layer height with brim build plate adhesion and 20% infill. The filament is PLA and was printed at 200 degrees Celsius.

+1

As gikam says, a layer height of between 0.1mm - 0.2mm is normal for a 0.4mm nozzle.

Try again with 0.2mm (draft quality) and post your results.

Make sure your nozzle height offset from the bed is correct too otherwise you'll get a poor bottom layer.

The nozzle should be the thickness of paper away from the bed.

+1

Yes i have auto-level on my printer and always check it before i print something, I will print the opposite of that  the right spool holder which is a mirror opposite of it. I will print it using default settings in cura at .2 layer height.

+1

layer 0,3 - 0,4 mm maxim for a default 0,4 nozzle

Not the answer you’re looking for? Ask a new question to 480 ANET 3D experts active on Talk.

The 3D Printing Handbook is available now

If you’re a professional looking to master the key aspects of 3D printing, this book is for you.

The 3D printing handbook