Forgot to mention, some benefit of the ATX supply are:
- ability to turn on/off the power supply from your software over USB
- an abundance of 12v and 5v connectors
- ready made fans, fan controllers, lighting etc from the existing computer market. If you dont already have lots of fans, you’ll need them!
- lots of old computer cables from which you can salvage connectors and solder them onto any components which dont have power connectors.
- can be quite big/bulky so can be hard to attach to, or hide within, your printers frame.