Launching the COVID-19 manufacturing fund
Become a Manufacturing Partner
What is a Manufacturing Partner?
3D Hubs is a distributed network of manufacturing services all over the world.
The individual companies within the network who produce the parts ordered via the 3D Hubs website are our Manufacturing Partners.
In order to become a Manufacturing Partner with us, you have to meet these minimum requirements:
- You are an established professional business based in the EU, UK, USA, or AU
- For CNC machining: you have at least a 3-axis CNC machine (no routers or desktop CNC machines)
- For 3D printing: you operate at least an industrial additive manufacturing machine (no desktop 3D printers only)
- You do all manufacturing in-house (no outsourcing)
- You and your team follow QA/QC procedures with supporting documentation
Additional qualifying criteria:
- ISO certifications: ISO9001, ISO 13485, ISO 9100, or any other industry-specific ISO certifications
- Internal post-processing/surface treatment capabilities
- Expedited lead time service
Our vetting process
- Information Form
This is the first step that allows us to discover your manufacturing capabilities and ensure you meet our minimum requirements.
- Preliminary meeting
If we think your capabilities are a good fit for what we are looking for, we will send you an NDA to sign and schedule a meeting or conference call with you to get to know each other and exchange any questions we might have.
- Capabilities testing
We use a wide range of test parts for all the technologies we offer, each with its own specifications. We use these to test not only your company’s ability to produce a part according to specifications but also your ability to send parts on time and with proper inspection, packaging, and shipping practices.
Once you’ve completed the previous steps, we sign a Manufacturing Partner Agreement with you and provide you with all the information and guides to get familiar with our internal systems. You’ll then start receiving your first order offers.