3D Hubs and Protolabs join forces to create the world’s most comprehensive manufacturing portfolio
Additive manufacturing trend report 2021
Stay up-to-date with the latest AM trends
Gain a deep understanding of the current AM market. This free report tracks the changes in additive manufacturing, from market growth following the coronavirus outbreak, trends in 3D printing applications, and industry predictions for 2021.
- The AM market is forecasted to more than double in size over the next 5 years, reaching a value of $37.2bn in 2026
- 65% of engineering businesses used AM more in 2020, while access to traditional manufacturing technologies was limited
- AM should no longer be seen as a rapid prototyping technology only. 54% of engineering businesses increased their usage of 3D printing for functional end-use parts in 2020
- 73% of engineering businesses predict they will produce or source more 3D printed parts in 2021
Brand new insights
The Additive Manufacturing Trend Report presents expert insights gained by analyzing 3 main data sources:
- A survey conducted by 3D Hubs with 1,504 engineering businesses
- A systematic review of the news reported by the media
- Market trends through a comparison of market analyst reports
Taking a look back over the decades
This report also includes an overview of key events in additive manufacturing over its history and the direction the technology is taking today.
Get your parts manufactured in days
From prototyping to full-scale production. Benefit form our global network of certified manufacturing facillities and get your parts into production in less than 5 minutes.