3D Hubs and Protolabs join forces to create the world’s most comprehensive manufacturing portfolio
Our FDM 3D printing service
Our global network of certified FDM 3D printing manufacturing partners will allow you to rapidly verify your designs with low-cost prototypes. Simply upload your parts, get a quote, and go into production in less than 5 minutes.
|Maximum build size||500 x 500 x 500 mm (19.68'' x 19.68'' x 19.68'')*|
|Standard lead time||11 business days|
|Dimensional accuracy||± 0.5% with a lower limit on ± 0.5 mm (0.0196'')|
|Layer height||100-300 μm|
- The maximum build size for Carbon-filled Nylon (Onyx) is 320 mm x 132 mm x 154 mm
Available materials for FDM
Below is a list of our standard materials for FDM 3D printing. To instantly compare material prices, upload your parts to our online platform.
|Nylon||Nylon 11, Nylon 12, Markforged Onyx, PA 6 Stratasys|
|PEI||ULTEM 9085, ULTEM 1010|
|ABS||Prototyping ABS, ABS M30, ABSplus|
|TPU||Prototyping TPU with shore hardness 85A - 95A|
Our FDM manufacturing standards
We manufacture your parts according to strict manufacturing standards. A verification of these requirements is included in our inspection report that is shipped with every order.
- A dimensional accuracy of ± 0.5% with a lower limit of ± 0.5 mm (± 0.020")
- Consistent surface finish with no bumps or delamination. Marks left by retraction and layer changing are acceptable.
- All support material is removed such that the supported surface has a consistent finish.
- All parts are printed with 3 outline / perimeter shells or a wall thickness of 1.2 mm.
Design guidelines for FDM
The table below summarizes the recommended and technically feasible values for the most common features encountered in 3D printed parts.
|Unsupported walls||0.8 mm (0.0315'')|
|Supported walls||0.8 mm (0.0315'')|
|Minimum feature size||2.0 mm (0.00787'')|
|Minimum hole diameter||2.0 mm (0.00787'')|
Learn more about the process in our Knowledge Base article.