The future of manufacturing is distributed [video]
Our FDM 3D printing service
Our global network of certified FDM 3D printing manufacturing partners will allow you to rapidly verify your designs with low-cost prototypes. Simply upload your parts, get a quote, and go into production in less than 5 minutes.
|Maximum build size||500 x 500 x 500 mm (19.68'' x 19.68'' x 19.68'')*|
|Standard lead time||4 business days|
|Dimensional accuracy||± 0.5% with a lower limit on ± 0.5 mm (0.0196'')|
|Layer height||100-300 μm|
- The maximum build size for Carbon-filled Nylon (Onyx) is 320 mm x 132 mm x 154 mm
Available materials for FDM
Below is a list of our standard materials for FDM 3D printing. To instantly compare material prices, upload your parts to our online platform.
|Nylon||Nylon 11, Nylon 12, Markforged Onyx, PA 6 Stratasys|
|PEI||ULTEM 9085, ULTEM 1010|
|ABS||Prototyping ABS, ABS M30, ABSplus|
|TPU||Prototyping TPU with shore hardness 85A - 95A|
Our FDM manufacturing standards
We manufacture your parts according to strict manufacturing standards. A verification of these requirements is included in our inspection report that is shipped with every order.
- A dimensional accuracy of ± 0.5% with a lower limit of ± 0.5 mm (± 0.020")
- Consistent surface finish with no bumps or delamination. Marks left by retraction and layer changing are acceptable.
- All support material is removed such that the supported surface has a consistent finish.
- All parts are printed with 3 outline / perimeter shells or a wall thickness of 1.2 mm.
Design guidelines for FDM
The table below summarizes the recommended and technically feasible values for the most common features encountered in 3D printed parts.
|Unsupported walls||0.8 mm (0.0315'')|
|Supported walls||0.8 mm (0.0315'')|
|Minimum feature size||2.0 mm (0.00787'')|
|Minimum hole diameter||2.0 mm (0.00787'')|
Learn more about the process in our Knowledge Base article.